Breaking

LightBlog

Wednesday 25 July 2018

UNILAG PRODUCES 154 SURGEONS, 32 DENTISTS

UNILAG PRODUCES 154 SURGEONS, 32 DENTISTS


The College of Medicine , University of Lagos , has inducted 154 graduates of medicine and surgery and 32 dentists into the profession .

Speaking during the induction ceremony , which took place at the college’ s New Great Hall , last Wednesday, the Provost of the college , Prof . Foluso Lesi, urged the graduates to be change agents and work with dignity .

Lesi said , “I congratulate the parents, families, well - wishers and friends of the graduands and pray that your joy and investment in them will yield bountiful harvest . I also congratulate their teachers for delivering qualitative teaching to these young doctors . I congratulate my young colleagues for finishing the race , as I welcome you to this noble profession .

“ I enjoin you to be change agents. I want you to work with empathy, not sympathy . Strive to know more and don ’t think that you know everything. The power to change a trend and nation resides in every individual as a change agent. I charge you to remember that if you are willing to do more than you are paid to do , eventually , you will be paid to do more than you do . I also want you to practise this profession with conscience and dignity , as well as actualise the leadership potential that most of you have already . ”

Also addressing the inductees , the College Secretary , Mr Oladejo Azeez , said , “ I congratulate the inductees for their clarity of mind that made them choose the University of Lagos . I also congratulate you for working so hard to earn the Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery and Bachelor of Dentary degrees . As such , you have been equipped with all you need to succeed in life and I wish you well as you move up in your career as doctors and dentists . I advise you to be worthy ambassadors of the university and do not forget your alma mater . ”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Adbox